Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Camp Amberama: Blueberry Pickin!

Earlier this month, I noticed a few facebook friends posting pictures from various blueberry farms. I immediately knew that H and I had to go do this soon. She loves to plant things, and she's become obsessed with harvesting items from a garden. Although I have one small tomato plant, the little bit it produces isn't as entertaining for H as she wants it to be. She has dreams of "walking outside and picking her own ingredients for lunch." (To be honest, I do too....but I fear that I'm pushing it with this one tomato plant. I'm taking it slowly. Maybe next year we'll get a pepper plant...maybe. One step at a time.)

Anyway, back to the blueberries.

We went to the Sta-N-Step farms in tontitown, and had a blast. We quickly got our buckets and started picking. The place is beautiful and quite peaceful, and the owners are super friendly. The cost is 12.00 per gallon of blueberries and 2.50 per pint of raspberries.



She's just a LITTLE excited

Determined to fill the whole bucket. We ended up combining them to get our one gallon!



having fun!

almost there!

such a pretty day!

raspberry pickin'

her very perfect raspberry


our haul: a gallon of blueberries and 2 pints of raspberries
Such a great day! We came home, washed the berries and headed to the pool while they dried out a bit. We made yummy blueberry muffins and blueberry cobbler for Father's Day. The recipes for the muffins and the cobbler  are here if you're interested in them. I highly recommend both of them! Yummy!

Happy Summer!
Amber



No comments:

Post a Comment