Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Camp Amberama: Summer Science fun!

I have a confession: I love science experiments. Ever since I was a kid and wanted to be an astronaut, I loved them. I remember getting a microscope kit for Christmas when I was H's age, and spending hours looking at the slides and pretending to create various life changing concoctions. My discoveries were going to change the world, and as a famous astronaut, I would eventually be awarded some incredible prize for my efforts and research. However, all that changed when I purchased the "Big Book Of Space" in the 4th grade and one particular illustration indicated that as an astronaut, I would have to "go potty" in a plastic bag. I didn't think I could handle that. Also, it made me realize my fear of going upside down, and if I was afraid of the spinny thing on the space camp commercials I saw during Double Dare, I most likely couldn't be counted on not to panic when I was launched in space. End of my first career aspiration.



 


ANYWAY....

Cut to present day. Although I no longer have dreams of being the first chubby girl in space, I still love to do experiments.... especially those that explode or make a mess. I'm just lucky that my chosen career (or the career plan that stuck) gives me a good excuse to try them out. This week's experiment consisted of exploding Diet Soda.  Simply drop 7 mentos into Diet soda all at once and watch the geyser happen! (get out of the way QUICKLY when you drop them, it shoots up fast! You can get a cheap device to help you with the launch. I got mine for 5.00 at hobby lobby)  Super fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment